Last year, me, my hubby and our friend Megan dined at a new restaurant every month. It was a great success – we had 11 winners and only one loser! So, we thought, what are we going to do this year?
Inspired by a wonderful meal we had in December, we decided one of us each month would cook a three course meal. It is meant to be a slow meal that turns into an enjoyable evening together.
In January, I was to be the first up, but due to the disaster activity, Mike went to bat first. Unfortunately, we did not think to take any pictures. 🙁 He made a great meal though!
- First Course: Jalapeno Cornbread
- Second Course: Chili in a Sourdough Bowl
- Third Course: Bacon Fried Bananas served with Vanilla Ice Cream and Blueberries
Yes, I really did say Bacon Fried Bananas. I know it sounds unusual, but it was quite delicious! Also, Mike rarely tries new recipes, so this was very exciting to say the least!
February was Megan’s turn and she too did an incredible job! First of all, she busted out her grandmother’s china and silverware. The table looked gorgeous! For her three courses she did:
- First Course: Wedge Salad with candied pecans, blue cheese, bacon crumbles, tomato and balsamic vinegar
- Second Course: a Virginia style BBQ pork, Macaroni and Cheese and Biscuits
- Third Course: Lemon Meringue Pie, truffles and strawberries
It was all so good! Megan makes a great pie – completely from scratch, and it doesn’t hurt that Lemon Meringue is my absolute favorite pie of all time!
So, March is my turn. I certainly have a tough act to follow, but I will say I have already started preparing the meal!