I was quite excited to finish my first quilting project this evening. I had started this table set months ago, only to get extremely frustrated when it came to binding the two quilted pieces. This project literally sat for 2+ months until my visit to my friend Gay’s house last week. She helped show me an easier way than what I was trying and together we got the binding cut, sewn on the machine side, and ready for hand stitching on the back (and she helped with that too!).
So, I am glad that this adventure in quilting has finally since it’s first complete project. If you would have asked me this morning if I was going to put the finishing touches on this decade, I would have said no.
I learned many important lessons with this project:
- No simple hems for napkins and table runners – need an overlock stitch.
- Learned a better way to do binding.
- Learned the importance of squaring the item before attaching binding.